[LIS-Forum] KALA-GB and FUTURE?

I.R.N.Goudar goudar at css.nal.res.in
Thu Apr 17 16:13:46 IST 2008

             KARNATAKA STATE LIBRARY ASSOCIATION

Dear Professionals,

As already communicated earlier the General Body meeting along
with elections of KALA will be held on 29th April 2008 (Tuesday) at 5.00
pm in Granthangana, City Central Library, RPC Layout.  The details are
attached below.

General Body notices have been sent to  all those members as per
the addresses given in the list with KALA.  In case of non-receipt of
of the invitation please treat this LIS-FORUM message as the
invitation and please attend the meeting  without fail.

We need to revive and make KALA  more vibrant  both in terms of
activities and membership.  A good number of youngsters are interested in
joining the association and carry forward its objectives.  Although there
are good number of professional associations, they scope is limited to
academic or public library etc. We need to make KALA fully functional
as an apex association at the state level.

The need of the hour is:
1. To elect a cohesive and active group to take over as
    the office bearers of the KALA.

2. We can think of having:
       - an experienced professional as the President
       - talented, enthusiastic and hard working professional
         as Secretary.
       - a treasure who will work in collaboration with Secretary,
         preferably working very close to Secretary's place

3. We should change the by-laws of the association to suit the
    present requirements.
4. We should take up the membership drive seriously
5. Apart from conducting monthly lectures we should organize some seminars,
    workshops, etc.

I openly admit that we could not do much especially in the later part of
our tenure due to many constraints.

For many years SRELS has been kind enough to give its premises for KALA
activities.  The KALA does not have its own address. We should discuss and
take appropriate steps in this direction.

I invite all member to attend the meeting and specifically
request the young professionals to take over the regime from us. Those
interested are requested to send their self-nomination to the election
officer as detailed in the mail attached below.

With regards,

(Dr. I.R.N. Goudar)
President, KALA.
Subject: KALA GB MEETING & ELECTIONS

 	Karnataka State Library Association

 	Notice for General Body Meeting and Elections

 	The General Body Meeting of Karnataka State Library Association is
schedule to be held on 29-04-2008 (Tuesday) at 5.00 pm at City Central Library,
Granthangana, RPC Layout, Hampinagar, (near RPC Layout bus terminus),
Bangalore - 560040 ( Buses: Mejestic 87, Shivajinagar 63, 195, Many Buses
comming to Attiguppe from all destinations)

All the Members are requested to attend the meeting without fail.

 				AGENDA

 	1.Presentation & Approval report on KALA activities during the years
 	  2006 & 2997.
 	2.Presentation & Approval of details of revenue and expenditure
 	  during the years 2006 & 2007.
 	3.Conducting of elections for Office Bearers and EC Members of KALA
 	  and announcement of results.
 	4.Any other matter.

Dr. I.R.N. Goudar					Prof. T.D.Kemparaju
President, KALA.				  General Secretary, KALA.

Details of Election Process and Posts

 	1.Office Bearers : 	President 		- 1 Post
 	  			Vice President 		- 2 Post
 				Secretary		- 1 Post
 				Joint Secretary		- 1 Post
 				Treasurer		- 1 Post

 	2.Date of Election:     29-04-2008 (Tuesday) 6.00 pm

 	3.Venue			- City Central Library,
 			          Granthangana, RPC Layout,
 				  Hampinagar (near RPC Layout bus terminus),
 				  Bangalor 560040

 	4.Last date for Nomination - 24-04-2008 (Thursday)

 	5.Withdrawal of nomination - 29-04-2008

Instructions:

1. Members desiring to contest the election for the above posts of KALA
    should submit self-nomination on plain paper  to the Election Officer.
2. The members contesting for election to the said posts must be present
    physically at the GB Meeting  venue.
3. The decision of the Election Officer is final in all the matters
    of election process.
4. For any other details contact the Election Officer at following
    address:

 	Mrs. Seethalakshmi Chinnappa
 	Election Officer, KALA
 	Chrystal Meadows, 3556, Flast 2B
 	Doopanahalli, 3rd Cross
 	HAL II Stage, Bangalore-560038
 	Mobile: 9845042582
 	Residence: 25281815
 	Email:slc at indegene.com
 	slc33in at yahoo.co.in

Dr. I.R.N. Goudar                         Tel: 91-80-25086081
Sci F & Head, Information Centre for      91-80-25235315
Aerospace Science and Technology          Fax: 91-80-25268072
National Aerospace Laboratories           E-mail:goudar at css.nal.res.in
Airport Road, BANGALORE-560 017  India
http://www.icast.org.in/staff/goudar.html