[LIS-Forum] Shelfari

Padmanabha Vyasamoorthy vyasamoorthy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 08:28:17 IST 2007

To Lis-forum colleagues

My reply to Mr Sudhakar applies to lis-forum members as well.
I am sorry for having recommended shelfari earlier without noting this loophole

Vyasamoorthy, P
=====================
Dear Sri Sudhakar
I have joined shelfari
However, We should be aware (cautious) of the fact that shelfari asks
for gmail account and gmail password to help you find out who else is
a member  of Shelfari. When you get to this page, please DON'T give
your gmail userid & password. shelfari has NO connection with gmail or
google. (Within google services using the same gmail id & gmail
password are OK)

This practice of Shelfari is unwelcome  and unethical  as it will lead
to abuse of your gmail message repository or spamming.
Regards

--
Dr P Vyasamoorthy,
Society for Serving Seniors