[LIS-Forum] Supplying Journal Articles - Does it Violate CopyrightsLaws

Padmanabha Vyasamoorthy vyasamoorthy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:28:21 IST 2007

Thanks to Ms Vasumathi for much needed clarification
(I do not know why pressing 'reply' puts only your name in To: field
but not the list name?!)

In the case of electronic version of he document being sent on ILL,
how does the lending library ensure that it does not continue to hold
the copy? In sophisticated online lending systems employing DRM
techniques, an electronic version of a file available in s(L)ending
library may be rendered unreadable or inaccessible once a copy has
been transfered to receiving library. Are you suggesting that this
much care should be taken by us also to be within copyright act?

Vyasamoorthy