[LIS-Forum] Adding specialization

Rajesh Rangappa deepakdeepa89 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:53:34 IST 2007

Dear professionals,
I really confused by the reply of "*Sukhdev Singh, NIC" *every employer has
his own requiremnts, it may be certain technique, skill, knowledge on
subject, or way of communicating and behaving etc based on the work /job to
be performed. We being information professional can't say no. Regarding
newness of issue, i have to appreciate "*Mr.Sukhdev Singh, NIC"* * *because
he mention's back to 1986-87, where MLIS course was for one year and he had
specialization in social science and other subjects then why its not
continued,  i wish to go through syllabus of  "PU Chandigarh 1986-87" if he
has a copy. Up to my knowledge non of indian universitie's MLISc has
specialization in other subjects(law,medicine,engineering, subjects in
science nor in social science). They teach topics related to LIS, hardly
 with application of ICT and Management. Now after 20 years also we are not
in a position to change, learning social science and learning specialized
subject makes lot of difference.
I dont know why some of experianced persons are agnist change (may be not
willing to learn and  may have to face job security problems, if that's case
hopefully they can stay in position by learning and guideing, younger
generation to right direction, we has  respect them whole heartedly, since
they are flag barrer's and taken your profession to respectful position but
don't  misguide us. I will  raise this issue possible very soon after
searching few facts and figures.)
Hence friends lets change with need and take profession towards growth.

--
RAJESH ALDARTHI
LIBRARIAN (Jain Institute of vocational and Advanced Studies)
#127/3, Bull Tempel Road,
Chamarajpet, Bangalore-560096
Email: deepakdeepa89 at gmail.com
Phone: 9886268857