[LIS-Forum] currently looking for information from libraries which have already carried out such retrospective conversion projects

Vijayakumara vijayakumar71 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 24 11:35:52 IST 2007

Dear All, ,

I am Vijayakumar M, working for the Birla Institute of Technology Library, Mesra-Ranchi.  I am currently gathering information to examine ways our library could update it's 1,10,000+ OPAC records from its  physical books and accession register.

To do so, I am currently looking for information from libraries which have
already carried out such retrospective conversion projects.

If yes, would you please take the time to answer these few questions.

   What was the size of the collection converted?
   Was the project done in-house or by a vendor?
If the project was done by a vendor, which vendor did you use?
   Could you estimate the cost and the time taken of your project? The average time needed for a record?
   What was the scale of the quality check once the records were converted? Did unexpected problems occur?
   Do you got any sponsers from DST/AICTE/UGC/CSIR/ and others
  With warm Regards
  Vijayakumar M

                                                  \ \ | / /
                       \ \  ~  ~ / /
                         |  @ @ |
  Vijayakumar M.
MSc., PGDLAN., Ph.D.
Central Library
Birla Institute of Technology, Deemed Univeristy
Mesra, Ranchi- 835215, India
Tel:0651-2276675 Fax:0651-2275401
  http://www.bitmesra.ac.in/
coolvg at gmail.com