[LIS-Forum] Journal Usage Statistics

Padmanabha Vyasamoorthy vyasamoorthy at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:13:19 IST 2007

Journal slip in IDL Chemicals Limited R&D Library years ago used to have

Journal Name, Vol /Issue No; at the top line

Columns for: Users Name; Signature; Index this page/article

The last column is used by the reader to request Librarian to index
the article(s) concerned so that it may be retrieved at a later date.

While renewal, if concerned issues of a periodical contain at least a
few signatures then it is renewed. Little used journals are reviewed
seriously with HOD.

Vyasamoorthy

On 5/5/07, Dr.D.P Prathap <sbilibrary at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear colleagues
>
> To get the Journal Usage Statistics, we are planning to paste a
> Usage Slip on each issue of the Journals, for the users to record whey the
> refer it.
>
> In this connection,  kindly provide the following
> information:
>
> 1. items of information to be recorded  on the slip
> 2. where the slip has to be pasted
> 3. A sample slip (as scanned image),  being used  in your library
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Library
> Sugarcane Breeding Institute
> Coimbatore
>
> --
> --
> believed to be clean.

Dr P Vyasamoorthy,
Society for Serving Seniors
30, Gruhalakshmi Colony, Secunderabad 500015
Phone 27846631
http://societyforservingseniors.satyamcsr.org