[LIS-Forum] Fwd: [IFLA-L] World Guide to Library, Archive, and Information Science Education

Fri Mar 16 15:50:56 IST 2007

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 04:32:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: J. K. Vijayakumar <vjkjk at yahoo.com>

   Dear Sir or Madam,

In cooperation with the INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF LIBRARY ASSOCIATIONS
AND INSTITUTIONS (IFLA), a new edition of the "World Guide to Library,
Archive, and Information Science Education" is scheduled for publication
in August 2007. This comprehensive directory lists professional education
and training programmes world-wide at a tertiary level of education or
higher. Entries are free of charge.

The success of this project relies substantially on your contribution.
Please help to provide a new up-to-date basis for the enhancement of
international exchange on professional qualification and cooperation.

We are making progress with our updating survey. We would like to thank
all those who have already replied to our earlier correspondence, those
who have sent information details for our project, and those who have
promised to do so.

Shortly we will start to mail our detailed questionnaires to all education
institutions world-wide where professional education and training
programmes in the field of library, archive and information science are
carried out.

With this message we would like to encourage:

   - institutions wishing to receive the questionnaire in order to provide
up-to-date information regarding their programmes: Please get in touch
with the editorial team as soon as possible, you can mail to
axel.schniederjuergen at saur.de or send a fax to this number: +49 89 76 90
21 55. The basic information we require is the name of your institution
and your programme(s), the person in charge and a personal e-mail address
to which the detailed questionnaire will be mailed. Please note that your
information will be included in the database free of charge.

   - recipients of the data control sheets distributed earlier this year:
In case you haven't returned your reply in time for the deadline, please
do so as soon as possible. We would still like to take into account your
feedback in order to reach the appropriate recipients with our
questionnaires.

   Please feel free to forward this message to any person you think may be
interested in supporting the survey. Thank you in advance for your help.

   Yours faithfully

   Axel Schniederjürgen
   K.G. Saur Verlag
   Ortlerstrasse 8