[LIS-Forum] save british libraries

thushanth tl thushanthtl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 13:55:20 IST 2007

*Save British council libraries*

**

British council has decided to close British libraries at Bhopal and
Trivandrum by the end of February, 2008. It is shocking news for the library
patrons. They have asked employees to take VRS or transfer.  If this trend
continues it will affect British libraries all over India. As library
professionals we must do something to stop it. I invite every one in the
forum to have a discussion on it and suggest some ways to stop it.

 Please sign the petition at the below link

http://www.petitiononline.com/bcl64lib/petition.html

 Below are the links to some news regarding the closure

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/shutters-to-fall-for-british-councils-libraries/54871-3.html

http://www.saharasamay.com/samayhtml/articles.aspx?newsid=91074

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/004200712181710.htm

http://www.hindu.com/2007/12/24/stories/2007122454720300.htm