[LIS-Forum] Librarins' Day: Govt of Karnataka Declares

I.R.N.Goudar goudar at css.nal.res.in
Wed Aug 8 13:27:15 IST 2007

Dear Professional Colleagues,

Government of Karnataka has declared August 12th, the birth date of
The Father of Indian Library Movement Dr. S.R.Ranganathan as LIBRARIANS'
DAY as per Government Order No. ED 154 LIB 2007, Bangaluru, dated
07-08-2007. This is the first instance of Government declaring on this
matter in India and also an eye opener for other States and Central
Government to follow. The entire Library community and Professional
Associations should try in this direction. We should appreciate the
efforts of Indian Public Library Association  particularly that of Shri.
P.Y. Rajendrakumar, Director, Department of Public Librarries and the
guidance and support of Hon. Minister of Primary Education and Libraries,
Government of Karnataka Shri Basavaraj S. Horatti for this important
milestone.

This development facilitates us to celebrate the day in line with
'Teachers' Day' with state level program leading for library development
and also recognition all those who have been contributing for
the professional development.

Goudar
Dr. I.R.N. Goudar		          Tel: 91-80-25086081
Sci F & Head, Information Centre for      91-80-25235315
Aerospace Science and Technology	  Fax: 91-80-25268072
National Aerospace Laboratories           E-mail:goudar at css.nal.res.in
Airport Road, BANGALORE-560 017  India
http://www.icast.org.in/staff/goudar.html