[LIS-Forum] Sad demise Dr. R. Srinivasan, Officer-in-charge, CECRI, Karaikudi

Arunachalam Hariharan hariharan_ah at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 09:50:32 IST 2006

Dear Professional colleagues and friends,

I am very sad to inform you about the sudden and sad
demise of our beloved friend Dr. R. Srinivasan,
Officer-in-charge, Library, Central Electro Chemical
Research Institute, Kariakudi  yesterday  evening at
Madurai.

The funeral ceremony will take place at Karaikudi,
to-day at 12 noon.

Dr. Srinivasan  did his PG degree in Econometrics,
Library Science at Madurai Kamaraj University. He also
did DRTC course at Bangalore.

He was awarded Ph.D from Annamalai UNivesity in 2004.

An expert in the field of Scientometrics,
Bibliometrics, Technical Writing, etc,  he contributed
many articles in National and International journals .
He did a few projects for DST.

He is a simple and a good person. He used to help
others always. He helped many people both
professionally and personally.

He is a founded member of SALIS and delivered many
lecturers

I pray the Almighty to give strength  and courage to
his family members to bear the great loss.

His daughter is in Eleventh Standard and his son just
joined M.B.B.S.

We convey our  condolence to his wife and his
children.

A.Hariharan
SALIS