[LIS-Forum] Looking for a library trainee

Wed Sep 6 10:54:22 IST 2006

Date: Mon, 0

1 Sep 2006 20:20:15 +0530
From: K.Sankaraiah <sankariahk at dataone.in>

Herewith forwarding a mail from Mr. Sankaraiah, regarding an advt for the
position of library trainee at the IIITB. Mr. Sankariah has raised several
important points which are applicable not only to the advt that is in
question but to all such advts which are posted on this forum quite
frequently. Members are requested to furnish as much details as possible.

Thanks for cooperation.

 - Moderator

Dear Moderator, Grateful if the following is published in the
Forum; because in the name of training, lot of exploitation is going on in
some places. Sankaraiah The employer, in this case IIT B, should furnish
details such as : a) Amount of stipend per month b) What is the scheme
called c) Three year period seems too long.  Can the trainee leave the
training midway, if he/she gets a sustantive post,
  etc