[LIS-Forum] Regarding AICTE norms

Vandana Khandelwal vanu_kh at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 16:34:18 IST 2006

Dear all
I am working in an engineering library.  I have
certain doubt regarding AICTE norms .
As per AICTE norms, at the time of establishment for
three branch with an intake of 240. There should be
minimum 4000 volumes in the library, which means 250
titles with four multiple copies and 1000 volumes for
basic science. In case the intake is less than 240 do
the norms remains same i.e. 4000 volumes or is it
different. If so, please give the details.
For yearly additions it mentions that they must be
increased as one title per student admitted to a
branch. if the intake is 60 students for computer
branch in first year. Does that mean I have to
increase 80 title in computer branch or 80 titles for
each SE,TE & BE which makes 240 titles in all.
There is nothing mentioned about number of copies to
be increased for yearly addition does that mean it is
understood that four copies are to be increased.
Please specify.
In case of increase in intake should we follow norms
for yearly addition of books.  If anyone have
information regards the same. Please cooperate me.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Mrs. Vandana Khandelwal
Librarian
Maharashtra Academy of Engineering