[LIS-Forum] Celebration of library week reg:-

librarian at gitam.edu librarian at gitam.edu
Wed Nov 15 12:45:04 IST 2006

Dear moderator
Please publish this information in the LIS Forum

CELEBRATION OF LIBRARY WEEK IN INDIA

Ayyanki Venkata Ramanaiah, secretary Andhra Pradesh Libray Association
organised an All India Library Meeting in the year 1912 november 12th in
Madras.  This meeting lead to the forming of Indian Library Association.
Later ILA gave prominance to the 12th November meeting and declared 14th
November as National Library Day.  Since 1968 14th-20th November will be
celebtrated as National Library Week all over India.  This was also the
Birth day of our former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru so much importance
attributed to this date.  Every year 14th -20th November will celebrated
as National Library week and various programs are organised to let the
public know about the libraries.

Sorce:B.L.I.Sc Grandhalaya samachara sasthralu: Help book by Pathuri
Vijaya Kumar
DR.K.Satyanarayana
Librarian
Knowledge Resource Centre