[LIS-Forum] Conversion of fulltext digital document archives in Winisis into greenstone -reg

Rajankila rajankila at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:54:16 IST 2006

Dear Friends,

I have keen interst in getting in touch with those who have done conversion of Winisis fulltext digital document archives into greenstone digital libraries, for learning more from them and experimenting more on it.
Last week I could convert two fulltext digital collections -one with 752 downloaded web documents and another collection with 209 books and working papers -  into greenstone digital library very easily with gsdl 2.70w.
I think it is high time for librarinas to concentrate more on those friendly technologies for better information / knowledge management.

If librarians keep away form these easy-to-do technologies now, they will be sidelined by others who may come forward to utilise those friendly technlogies.

Regards,

K Rajasekharan
Librarian, Kerala Institute of Local Administration
Mulagunnathu Kavu P O
Thrissur - 680 581
India
Ph 91- 487-2204097(O) , 2201428 (R)