[LIS-Forum] Opinion on Net/slet exemption for PhDs and MPhil holders

yekanath kamble yekanathnkamble at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 13:09:07 IST 2006

Dear Friends,

  I partially  agree with Mr. Sukdev and others.You are talking concering  with minimum professionals like corporate sectors. Please think, in what sector our professional are more? more thatn 75% in academic, and in corporate sector it may UG or PG or MPhil or  Ph.D some time this also not require if you are good in communication. Only small no.of people are there in corporate sector. Think about the huge mass.

  But, I feel relax NET/SLET is not required. Based on the previous poor perform in academics  the UGC has made this system which can inculcate the high standards in higher education system in india.

  If we taken into consideration the present interiem report of UGC about NET, instead of  adopting new techniques and making high standars in education, it supports to qualityless education system if it implemented. There is a rule that even after finishing ph.d also there is NET mandatory.

  There are thousand of candidate  who are finished M.Phil  by paying few thousand rupees from DDE and even Ph.D also same in some extent with blessing of favoured guides.

  I strongly, oppose that there is shorage of candidates for universities and Degree colleges lectures. Every year no. of candidates are getting through the UGC since many year and they are jobless as i observed my friends. Then Why there is no recruitment for those candidate?.Let the govt. recruit the  all UGC/NET qualified candidates other wise it is great injustice to UGC/NET qualified candidates if it is implemented.

  If exemption is given maximum beneficiaries will be blessed, favoured, capital background and influncial M.Phil and Ph.D candidates.

  Eventually, i strongly support the NET/SLET must be there but M.Phil and Ph.D should not be the substitute.

  I read  about this  a stament today  in "The New Indian Expres Bangalore s from Banglaore University, almost all scholars  are againist relaxasation.

  I too not passed these any of exams.

  Please go through attached paper cutting here.

        YEKANATH N KAMBLE
ASST.LIBRARIAN
R V COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,MYSORE ROAD,
  BANGALORE-59 (INDIA)
  PH.91-80-28600351/28604705/28600184
  FAX : 91 - 80 - 2860 0337

  MOBILE.9448585358

  Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.