[LIS-Forum] Exemption of NET

ACHAR S achar_10 at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 09:30:32 IST 2006

Referring to Prakash's Mail, I would like to express
my views. I feel exemption is a good sign for people
who really worth in delivering goods rather than just
for the sake of doing NET/Ph.D for the eligibility
purpose. Now people have the opportunity to show their
talent.
One can see in the private sector, without any formal
eligibility conditions, people are doing wonderful
work.
While appointing, one has judge the candidate
practically rather than certificates. candidates from
autonomus instituions show better performance than NET
certified candidates. With this certificate only
people with influence background only can get the job
and not with the performance background.
So, let us have the opportunity to show the talent
then put the staff on performance base appointment
than government appointment. See the productivity and
decide.
No use of appointing net candidates with no
productivity. It is better to use some management
technique to appoint Lecturer/Librarian rather using
the same old technique by certificate.
Infosys/Wipro/TCS appoint people by their practical
performance rather than certificates.

Hope this is some good impression.

Achar