[LIS-Forum] Dr. AL Moorthy - New DESIDOC Director (fwd)

I.R.N.Goudar goudar at css.nal.res.in
Wed Mar 15 14:32:15 IST 2006

Dear Professional Colleagues,

"Congratulations to Dr. A. L. Moorthy for having taken over as the New
Director of DESIDOC, New Delhi"

Friends, as you are aware  many important library posts, either get filled
up by non-professionals or left vacant or being managed by some in-charge
professors/scientists.  This being the case, I am very happy that Dr. A.L.
Moorthy has been appinted as Director of DESIDOC, one of the prestigiuos
institution in the country. I am sure Dr. Moorthy with his vast experience
covering many institutions including ISRO-SHAR Centre, DRDL, DLRL and
DESIDOC will give a new direction and efficient administartion to DESIDOC,
especially in the present context of developments in Electronic
publishing, Digital Library, OA & Institutional Repositories, Consortia,
Networking of Libraries, Electronic Document Delivery, etc. Please join me
in congratulating and wishing Dr. Moorthy for his achievement. I am sure
Dr. S.S. Murthy, his mentor and ex-Director DESIDOC must be very happy
that his much liked junior colleague is now the Director.

Brief Resume of Dr. A.L. Moorthy:

Born on 1st July 1952, Dr ARAGONDA LAKSHMANA MOORTHY did his Masters in
Physics( 1976) and BLIS (1978)from S.V. Univ. Tirupathi, ADIS (1984) from
DRTC and Ph.D. in LIS (2000) from Karnatak University. He started his
carreer as Sci. Asst at SHAR centre in 1979, as Scientist B at DLRL in
1982, as Scientist C, D & E at DESIDOC (1987-2001), as Scientist E & F
Head, Library (2001-06) at DRDL and now as Director, DESIDOC since Feb 28,
2006. He has number publications including journal articles, conference
papers, book chapters, etc. He has a vast experience as Editor of number
of Books and journals, as Head of Library especially in Developing DL,
Providing Intranet based Services and development of Databases and
software. He has been active member of many Professional Associations and
Member of AIP/AR&DB.

Members, Office Bearers of Karnataka State Library Association, Members of
SIS, Bangalore Chapther join me in congratulating Dr. Moorthy.

I.R.N. Goudar
President, KALA

I.R.N. Goudar			          Tel: 91-80-25086081
Head, Information Centre for 	  	       91-80-25235315
Aerospace Science and Technology	  Fax: 91-80-25268072
National Aerospace Laboratories           E-mail:goudar at css.nal.res.in
Airport Road, BANGALORE-560 017  India
http://www.icast.org.in/staff/goudar.html