[LIS-Forum] Whom does the corporate librarian report to ?

kishore.ingale at tcs.com kishore.ingale at tcs.com
Mon Jun 26 17:55:54 IST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

"Corporate Librarian" is now a well established role in our profession.
Many of us playing this role, have been contributing greatly to respective
organisations.
However, there are few organisations where the role, responsibilities and
reporting pattern of corporate librarian is still evolving..

Out of academic interest,  I would like to know the reporting pattern of
Corporate Librarians.
Whom does the Corporate librarian report to ?? Is it the CEO ? . MD ? CIO
?  CKO ? CTO,  ? R&D head, Admin head ?,

I will be grateful if those working in industrial / IT / corporate sectors
could share this information.
What is needed is just a sentence like, for eg,  " At TCS the corporate
librarian reports to the HR head "

The data will be used only for academic purposes and treated as
confidential.

With regards

Kishore Ramdas Ingale
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Ph:- +91-22-6750 5998
Cell:- 9226711630
Mailto: kishore.ingale at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
and any attachments. Thank you

Mailto: kishore.ingale at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
=====-----=====-----===== Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you