[LIS-Forum] Library Traineeship in the Resource Centre at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar

ts kumbar ts_kumbar at da-iict.org
Fri Jun 2 17:25:15 IST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

We would highly appreciate, if you could kindly bring the following information to the notice of interested fresh ( with First Class M.L.I.Sc) Graduates in Library and Information Science and recommend the potential candidates.

Regards

Dr. T S Kumbar
Resource centre
DA-IICT
Gandhinagar
Tel. 079-30510550

Sub: Openings for the position of Library Trainees in the Resource Centre (Library) at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar. Gujarat

Dear Sir/Madam:

We take this opportunity to inform you that Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT), situated at Gandhinagar, Gujarat, is promoted by Reliance Group. It has been established on a 50-acre of land in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The Government of Gujarat has granted it the University Status under the State Act and is recognized by University Grants Commission. The Institute has started functioning since August 2001 with a batch size of 240 students at Undergraduate level in Information and Communication Technology (ICT). It also offers a variety of Masters' and Doctoral programs in ICT and allied areas.

The Institute takes young and dynamic postgraduate freshers with minimum First Class Masters in Library and Information Science and well versed in Computer application to Library and Information Services. Duration of Training is for a period for one year. However, guarantee of continued employment cannot be given. The trainees get a (all inclusive) fixed stipend between Rs.5000 to Rs.6000 depending on their quality etc, per month. Resource Centre is kept open till mid night on all working days during the semester and is open on holidays and Sundays. Selected trainees will have to work during these extended hours on rotation basis.

The Institute has fully computerized in-house operations and services of the Resouce Centre and provides access to wide variety of digital collection, catering to the needs of the Faculty, Staff and students. Plans are on to convert this library into a complete Digital Library.

We would be grateful if you could kindly identify a few such students from your Institution and send us your recommendation, along with their bio-data and information showing the year of passing and the percentage of marks obtained in M. L. I. Sc by 9th June, 2006. The students identified by you can directly come to the Institute for a written test and the interview on the 12th June, 2006 at 9.00am and we will consider them provided their bio-data and confirmation about their attending the test and interview are received by us on or before 9th June, 2006 on hr at da-iict.org

All communications in this matter should be addressed to H R Officer at  hr at da-iict.org

Yours sincerely

Executive Registrar
Dhirubhai Ambani Instiute of Information and Communication Technology
Post Bag. No.4
Near Indroda Circle
Gandhinagar 382009
Gujarat