[LIS-Forum] FIP is a Feloowship awarded by the UGC

Gopakumar Velayudhanpillai gopakumar.v at rediffmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:33:28 UTC 2006

Dear Professionals,
After my posting regarding the denial of FIP, I have received several e-mails asking me what is FIP. Let me please explain it. F.I.P (Faculty Improvemnet Programme) is a UGC sponsored Fellowship for College Teachers for doing their M.Phil and Ph.D. by availing two years leave. The entire salary for the substitute will be provided by the UGC. The present FIP scheme ends with March 2007, when the Xth plan period ends. The UGC has extende the benefit of FIP to physical education teachers and librarians. As such several librarians have availed this benefit previously.
Thank you for all your responses.
Gopakumar.V
Research Scholar
mangalore University

Gopakumar.V
Research Scholar
Department of Library & Information Science
Mangalore University
Mangalagangotri
gopakumar.v at rediffmail.com
http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/sigclick.cgi/www.rediff.com/signature-home.htm/1507191490@Middle5?PARTNER=3 http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/sigimpress.cgi/www.rediff.com/signature-home.htm/1963059423@Middle5?OAS_query=null&PARTNER=3