[LIS-Forum] Dr. Cholin: Sad Demise

I.R.N.Goudar goudar at css.nal.res.in
Fri Jan 13 12:04:59 IST 2006

Dear Professionals,

Just now I got the news about sad and untimely demise of an young,
active professional colleague Dr. V.S. Cholin, Head of Informatics
Division at INFLIBNET and the contact person for the UGC-Infonet
E-Journals  Consortium. I learnt that the end came due to heart attack.
Dr. Cholin, a product of Karnatak University had few awards to his credit
including Young Scientist Award of SIS in 2004, best professional article
award by RRLF in 2002 and again by ASIST in 2004. I have known Dr. Cholin
closely ever since he joined INFLIBNET. I had the opportunity to listen to
his presentations in some seminars. His contributionals to Professionals
activities, service to Research Scholars and Faculty of various
universities through UGC-INFONET go a long way. With his death we have
lost a promising leader and sincere worker in our profession.
Karnataka State Library Association, its Office Bearers and all Members
morn the death of Dr. Cholin. Let us pray the Almighty to give strength
to his family to bear this loss.

One can have a look a brief Biographical sketch of Dr. Cholin at URL
http://www.library.yale.edu/international/cholin.html

I.R.N. Goudar
President KALA, Office Bearers and Members

I.R.N. Goudar			          Tel: 91-80-25086081
Head, Information Centre for 	  	       91-80-25235315
Aerospace Science and Technology	  Fax: 91-80-25268072
National Aerospace Laboratories           E-mail:goudar at css.nal.res.in
Airport Road, BANGALORE-560 017  India
http://www.icast.org.in/staff/goudar.html