[LIS-Forum] Retrospective Conversion

Rajendra Thaty pitam97 at rediffmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:20:55 IST 2006

Dear all,I am the University Librarian of Sambalpur University. We want to put the cataloging data of all our books (about 1,20,000 in number)  into computerised database. I know many of you have already done this. May I know the best and quickest method for this? As it requires human involvement for jobs like preparation of input sheets, data entry and data verification etc, I request to please share with me your experiences. Also I would be interested to know cost implications per book for each of these jobs.Please treat it as urgent. Can I have your feedback within a couple of days please?Thanks

Rajendra Kumar Thaty
Librarian
Prof B Behera Cntral Library
Samabalpur University