[LIS-Forum] LIS-FORUM: ITS ROLE

I.R.N.Goudar goudar at css.nal.res.in
Fri Sep 23 12:04:42 IST 2005

Dear Professionals,

As you are aware LIS-FORUM has emerged as an effective means of
communication and discussion among LIS Professionals in the country
for the last few years. One of the Lis-Forum member has strongly expressed
his feelings that postings covering Regional/State level associations
should not be broadcast on Lis-Forum. But if you see the postings all
these years, forum has been covering items issued by be it MALIBNET,
KALA, MYLISA, RSC-Delhi, IATLIS, SIS, etc or a message from an University.
In this way forum is networking LIS Professionals and concerned
professional associations all over the country, be it fron Kashmir, TN,
West Bengal or Karnataka.

I am of the opinion that apart from discussing professional matters we
should know what is going on in professional circles elsewhere too.

While each Association can have its own discussion forum, important
announcemnets should be covered by Lis-Forum irrespective of whether the
LIS Association is State/Regional level one as long as the matter is of
interest, as has been the case all these days. Rather we need bother
about the quality, importance and relevance of the of the content in the
postings. Infact Late Dr. T.B. Rajashekar had posted an item toucing some
issues concerned in this matter a year back or so.

I INVITE LIS-FORUM MEMBERS TO GIVE THEIR OPINION IN THIS MATTER.

Goudar

I.R.N. Goudar			          Tel: 91-80-25086081
Head, Information Centre for 	  	       91-80-25235315
Aerospace Science and Technology	  Fax: 91-80-25268072
National Aerospace Laboratories           E-mail:goudar at css.nal.res.in
Airport Road, BANGALORE-560 017  India
http://www.icast.org.in/staff/goudar.html