[LIS-Forum] UGC-NET syllabi revision ( Sudhier.K.G.Pillai)

sudhier k g pillai kgsudhier at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:44:30 IST 2005

Sir,

In recent years there is a sharp decline in the number of students
qualifying UGC-NET exam from univty. of Kerala. At the same time the numbers
are high in Calict and MG univties.It does'nt mean that the quality of
students of our univty is  not upto the mark! Many have qualified NET
earlier, ie from 1991 onwards. I have qualified it in two different times in
Lb. & Inf. Science itself!

Recently in  an interview for the post of I st gade  Libraraian at the
Kottayam based college, there were more than 15 candidates applied. There
are enough number of NET qualified library professionals are available in
the state.

Of course, there should be periodic changes in the exam pattern, and in the
syllabi .It is ecouraging that UGC itself has constituted a committee in
this regards. As professionals, we do'nt try to dilute the NET Exam for
getting more aspirants!

regards

sudhier kg