[LIS-Forum] Tempere archive - universal; what about OpenMED?

Sukhdev Singh esukhdev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:43:56 IST 2005

Yes, OpenMED at NIC, http://openmed.nic.in ,  is open to any author
 from the globe to self-archive. As on today it has 364 Registered
 Users from all around the world. There are  782 documents that are
 archived. It has a eloraborate subject categorisation scheme based
on MeSH, perhaps the only archive to use such a scheme.

Its RSS feed is also available from http://openmed.nic.in/perl/rss and
 can be added to RSS Readers or hosted services like Personalised
 Google Home Page http://www.google.com/ig or MyYahoo  http://my.yahoo.com etc.

If we can receive co-operation from Library and Information Community
from India [ on which I am very bullish ] OpenMED at NIC has the
potential of a very reliable [because being hosted on NIC's
infra-structure] and largest OA repository from a fast developing
country [ India ].

Please let me know if any professional would like to come forward to
build OpenMED at NIC further? It is an opportunity to show the world that
we can also build international quality archives. Let us show that we
LIS professionals from India are not just "Downloaders", we "Upload"
too!!.

Thanks,
Sukhdev Singh, NIC.
http://openmed.nic.in