[LIS-Forum] First publisher to implement 'cited-by' links using crossRef's forward linking

MALLIKARJUNA, C hbmallikarjuna at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 18 10:30:31 IST 2005

 "First publisher(IOP)  to implement 'cited-by' links using crossRef's forward linking"

	" In September 2003, we announced that papers in our Electronic Journals

had been enhanced by links to citing articles from The American Physical

Society and NASA's Astrophysical Data System. I'm pleased to report

that our 'Articles citing this article' tool has now been developed further.

In keeping with our tradition of innovation, we have become the first

publisher to implement 'cited-by' links using CrossRef's Forward

Linking service.

We have made 'cited-by' links available for papers published in the

last 10 years. Over the coming months, we will be working our way through

our entire journal archive, back to 1874. To take a look at forward linking

in action, go to the following paper from New Journal of Physics and

select the 'Articles citing this article link' on the right hand side:

 http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/1367-2630/1/1/006

 New Journal of Physics is our open-access electronic-only title

(co-owned by the Institute of Physics and Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft) so

the 'cited-by' links are available to all. For our other journals, this

facility is limited to subscribers." Ed Pentz, CrossRef's Executive Director

C.MALLIKARJUNA,
BANGALORE
hbmallikarjuna at yahoo.co.in
Mobile:9343757228