[LIS-Forum] Communication Skills- LIS-DLIS, Mysore initiatives

Jismi-George jismi at ncb.ernet.in
Tue Mar 1 17:15:21 IST 2005

Dear All,

This new initiation is infact an inspiration to all LIS Professionals.
It is good to know that a week long discussion on communication skills of
LIS Professionals brings light to this new venture.
DLIS Mysore was always keen to develop the skills of its course
participants. Being an alumni of DLIS Mysore I feel proud in this
remarkable initiation and I express my gratitude to DLIS.

If other LIS Schools can also implement/share similar ideas (which will
give more emphasis on practice, like conducting workshops and weekly
debates) this will surely be a turning point of LIS Profession in India.

Regards,
-Jismi George

Centre for Development of Advanced Computing [C-DAC]
# 68, Electronics City
Bangalore - 560100
Tel: +91 080 28523300
Fax: +91 080 28522590