FW: [LIS-Forum] Info. request - Credit Card use for book purchase &subscription

Benny Benny at TISB.ac.in
Tue Feb 15 14:34:44 IST 2005

Dear All

The idea of using Credit Card for online purchase is good and timesaving,
but entrusting that job to a vendor will do no good and one will end up in
paying 10% or so service charge to the vendor. Venders now a days prefer
credit cards to Wire Transfer.

It is an excellent suggestion from Mr. Anand to involve "accounts department
into such purchases thus avoiding after-purchase-accounts-hurdles".

Looking for more suggestions

Benny M.D.
www.tisb.org

-----Original Message-----
From: ++ Mukesh Anand ++
To: Vyasamoorthy at icicikp.com; mangeshg at pidilite.com
Cc: lis-forum at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in
Sent: 2/14/05 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [LIS-Forum] Info. request - Credit Card use for book
purchase&subscription

Dear All

There cannot be more complete response to the one provided
by Dr.P.Vyasamoorthy. It is like an, ' How to make Purchases
on Internet Using Credit Card' , manual.

However, making such purchases also depends on the accounts
procedures adopted by individual companies. It is always prudent
to involve your own accounts department into such purchases
thus avoiding after-purchase-accounts-hurdles.

The easiest and most convenient solution i can think of
is to entrust the job of such purchases to your professional
vendor. They will take out the hassles out of such purchase
process. However, you have to choose a vendor based on
your past experience with him or thru word of mouth recommendations
by an experienced librarian, like ,Dr.P.Vyasamoorthy.

Best Wishes

Mukesh Anand
Hyderabad - India