[LIS-Forum] M.Phil in Library and Information Science

Thu Aug 18 11:02:18 IST 2005

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:59:51 +0530
From: mouni at nitt.edu

information is furnished for enabling him to do M.Phil. in Library and
Information Science.

The following UGC authorised and reputed Universitites in Tamil Nadu offer the
M.Phil. degree course through distance mode.

1. Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
2. Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
3. Vinayaga Mission (Deemed University), Salem, Tamil Nadu
4. SASTRA University, Vallen, Tamil Nadu

The candidate who possess masters degree in Library and Information Science is
eligibile for admission.  There are many study centres at major cities for
these universities in our country. Application can also be had from the study
centres and filled in application form can also be submitted through the study
centres.

The duration of the course is 1 year.  There are 3 theory papers and one
dissertation and via.  The candidate can choose any authorised guide by the
universitity. Many faculty of the LIS department of our country have been
authorised to guide the M.Phil dissertation.

For more details the study centres of the universities or websites of the
universities concerned may be visited or the Registrars of the universities can
be cantacted.

P. Mounissamy
Central Library
National Institute of Technology