[LIS-Forum] CCF

Rajesh Chandrakar rajesh at inflibnet.ac.in
Mon Sep 27 13:13:56 IST 2004

Dear Mr. Tapaswi,

I believe, your question concerns with the tag number of the CCF
bibliographic format, which take care of the website information of the
document. If it is true, then following is the tag number of the CCF for the
same:

FIELD 556 (draft)

ELECTRONIC LOCATION AND ACCESS (Repeatable)

  DEFINITION            Links to electronic resources

REPRESENTATION            See subfields.

USE            Optional. Repeatable for each object linked to.

INDICATORS            00

SUBFIELD N                        Location of host

      DEF            The name of the host

      REP            As in documentation

      USE            Mandatory, not repeatable

SUBFIELD U                        Uniform resource locator

      DEF            The name of the URL

      REP            This field may be used to construct a URL from its
constituent parts.  This subfield may be used instead to hold a
pre-constructed URL

      USE            Mandatory if other necessary subfields are not present

SUBFIELD V                        Hours access method available

      DEF            The hours that access to a resource are available

      REP            In accordance with the practice of the agency preparing
the record

      USE            Optional

SUBFIELD W            Record control number

      DEF            The name of the host

      REP            In accordance with the practice of the agency assigning
the number

      USE            Optional

SUBFIELD X                        Non-public note

      DEF            A note not for public view

      REP            In accordance with the practice of the agency preparing
the record

      USE            Optional

SUBFIELD Y                        Access method

      DEF            An identification of the access method

      REP            Contains a code:             0: email

                                                            1: FTP

                                                            2: Telnet

                                                            3: Dialup

                                                            4: HTTP

                                                            7: Other

      USE            Optional

SUBFIELD Z                        Public note

      DEF            A note intended for public view

      REP            In accordance with the practice of the agency preparing
the record

      USE            Optional

EXAMPLES

Example 1                                          A resource is available
by FTP.

Contents of field 556:

@Uftp://ftp.unesco.org/pub/winisis/beta1_4/w1-4-11.exe@V24@Y1

Example 2                                          A resource is available
as a webpage.

Contents of field 556:

00 at Uhttp://www.rdn.ac.uk/@V24 at Y4

Example 3                                          A resource is available
as a JPEG file.

Contents of field 200

00 at A[Mr Abel Packer and Mr Alan Hopkinson installing WWWISIS]

Contents of field 556:

@Uhttp://www.axp.mdx.ac.uk/~alan2/abelalan.gif

@V24 at Y4@ZURL subject to change

with regards,