[LIS-Forum] Institutional Repositories & IPR

Sanjay Kataria lib_scholar at rediffmail.com
Thu Sep 23 09:21:56 IST 2004

Dear information scientist,
Now a days, we are discussing on Design and development of Institutional Repositories but we did not discuss one of major issue i.e Intellectual Property Right. I have some small queries but important which are:
1. If any article/research paper already has published somewhere, Can we put/add the same article in the institutional repositories without permission from the concern publisher when author/scholar/generator of article has been working in the same organization.
2. Who should have intellectual property Right? Author or Publisher.
3. What kind of precaution or point we must keep in mind before putting intellectual property in Institutional Repositories.
4. Any special legal clause, should be followed?
5. Any standard agreement between author/scholar institution and Publishers.
I am requesting to all information professional who have started this initiative and other who have specialization in IPR also, Kindly give their valuable opinion and suggestion on the issue.
I am looking your valuable suggestion and comments pls.
Sanjay Kataria
Learning Resource Centre
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
A-10, Sector-62, Noida(UP)-201307,India
Sanjay.kataria at jiit.ac.in, Information.professional at gmail.com
Ph.0120-2400971 to 978 Ext.251
09810503341 (Mobile)