[LIS-Forum] 25,000 titles (books) in Enginering field

Thu Jul 22 10:47:52 IST 2004

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:12:09 +0530
From: Basudev Mohanty <basudev_mohanty at infosys.com>

There is no reason at all to point out finger towards Vijayakumar's
mail. What I think it is the decision of his Management only. Librarians
should know the trick where is the present Business (as we are
support/service department) & How to address it? I have seen in many
cases that Librarians are not quite good enough to maintain Goodwill of
their Management. I welcome Vijayakumar that he has taken the challenge
and trying some innovative ways to full-fill his Management decision &
if he can then he will be in goodwill of his Management. This is one of
the major areas where Librarians should re-think as I have seen in the
interview board for a library staff; Chief-Librarian(s) are ignored.

On the other hands books can't be compared with vegetables. I do believe
there is nothing like "Bad-Books". If there is a book published
definitely there is some value addition to the students of concerned
branch (may not be for the Researcher) in context to Vijayakumar's
organization.

In this context we should help-out Vijayakumar rather blaming him or his
organization. I would like to suggest Vijayakumar that this is the best
time to bargain for discount as he is going for block-procurement.

Regards,
Basudev
Infosys, Bhubaneswar, Orissa