[LIS-Forum]Theme for the IATLIS conference

Thu Jul 8 17:50:04 IST 2004

Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:18:07 +0530
From: Rafiq <rafiq.ansari at timesgroup.com>

Vasumathi Sriganesh's input heralds a new thinking and practical
approach for all departments of library and information science,
particularly in Mumbai, from where I hail. There is an urgent need to
invite practicing professionals from different areas and segments, and
organize practical sessions on micro aspects of librarianship. It is
done to some extent, though. There is, however, a need to deliberate
further on this issue, so that our students learn what is not taught in
courses.

Regards,

Rafiq L Ansari
Sr. Manager - Library