[LIS-Forum] Prof.P N Kaula is honored with Padmasri

Fri Feb 6 16:09:30 IST 2004

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 12:57:20 +0000 (GMT)
From: "[iso-8859-1] Prof. N. Laxman Rao." <naglaxman at yahoo.com>

Dear professional Friends

I am sure u may be aware that this year Republic day is a
special for all the professionals. Prof. Prithvi Nath
Kaula, an eminent and internationally renowned Library
scientist, teacher to many professionals in the country had
been honoured with  PADMASRI award. It is great honor for
all the professionals and the profession.
Prof Kaula’ contribution is known to all over the world.
His contributions are phenomenal. Even at this age he
continues to contribute for the development of the
profession. He is renowned International expert, worked for
UN, Continuously (and single handedly) publishing the
journals.   His expert services are being utilized by both
Governmental and non-Governmental organization. Awards are
given on his name.

The contributions are innumerable. He was also my teacher.
Our profession is thankful to the Government of India for
recognizing his services. On behalf of our profession and
on my own behalf, I congratulate Prof. PN Kaula for getting
this award, which he richly deserves. I also express my
thanks to Govt of India for honoring Prof Kaula with this
award.

Laxman rao

=====
Prof.N.LAXMAN RAO,
Dept.of Library & Information Science,
Osmania University, HYDERABAD- 500 007 (INDIA)
President, Indian Association of Teachers in Library and Information Science (IATLIS).
Ph:+91-40-27171565 (res): +91-40- 27682290 (off)
e:mail--  naglaxman at yahoo.com    OR   naglaxman at indiatimes.com