[LIS-Forum] Tsunami

JK Vijayakumar vjkjk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 18:33:35 IST 2004

Dear All,

Really it was so sad to see all reports on media.
I am providing you few links related to Tsunami.
For us in India, it may be new, but there are
lots of research goining on to establish a
warning/detecting system of Tsunami. I came to
know that Japan already having the technology.

JK Vijayakumar, INFLIBNET-UGC, India

International Tsunami Information Center was
established in 1965 by the IOC (Intergovernmental
Oceanographic Commission) of UNESCO (United
Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
Organization).Visit
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/itic/. It also maintains
an online library at
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/itic/library/library.htm

Few Univs or Orgs undertaking research Tsunami is
here.
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/tsunami/
http://www.geophys.washington.edu/tsunami/intro.html
http://www.usc.edu/dept/tsunamis/