[LIS-Forum] Providing hyperlinks

Sharad Jadhav email2sharad at rediffmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:16:04 IST 2004

  Dear Members,

Thanks for your replies to my query that whether providing hyperlinks
violates the copyright of the owner.
Most of them were of the view that it does not. It was also suggested that the disclaimer of the site should be read/ consulted, but it may not possible if we are giving numerous links (Say 100) and check each sites disclaimer. Some of the IT experts say that it definitely violates and prior permission is required before hyper linking their site. Is it?

Best regards,

Sharad Jadhav,

National Insurance Academy,
Library Services,