[LIS-Forum] Calcutta University Library: Teachers' misuse libraryfacilities

HENAG HENAG at infosys.com
Mon Dec 13 12:02:01 IST 2004

Dear All,

This is almost the same case happens everywhere, the librarians' hands are tight to impose any strict rules  like fine implementation etc...

One policy libraries can implement with the prior permission from the authority ----- send 3-6 reminders on a regular basis having an interval,  keep the reminder #along with the reminder in the subject line itself, if the book/s  still not returned by the professor/s  then send a final mail mentioning that we are  force to deduct the amount from the salary to replace the book as we are assuming that the book issued by you is lost , and give copy to accounts department along with  the attachment of the reminders.

This amount can be accumulated under one head for library and library can purchase the same book/s or the books on high demand utilizing this amount.

If the authority is keen to recover the loss then good to implement this policy , prior to implement this policy please put a notice publicly in your premise and try to inform all regarding the change in the policy of possessing  books more than 6 months after the due date .

I 'm sure this will  surely bring back all the books . For rare books charge the price three times of the cost.Try to  Convince the authority saying enough time/reminder is given to return,  it is charged only after 6 months .

Regards

Hena S Gupta
Infosys Central Library
Infosys Technologies Ltd.