[LIS-Forum] How Easy it is to start an On-line Bulletin Board. How difficult to establish?

Sukhdev Singh sukh_dev at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:46:28 IST 2003

Dear Friends,

Few days back there was lot of debate on this forum to have a database of
Indian Librarians [Information Professionals]. Then there was one solution,
which basically was very near to an On-Line Bulletin Board/Forum.

Just to check out what all it takes to start an On-Line Bulletin / Forum. I
created an Bulletin Board/Forum at http://indlibra.myforum.net . It has been
named as IndLIBRA. It is for discussion among Indian Librarians and
Inforamtion Scientists.

Can you guess how much time it might have taken!!!? It was done with in 10
Minutes!!!. No prizes for guessing it right. This 10 minutes also includes
getting a Yahoo email account (which I will never use!!), was given to
register for the free Forum.

Check out  http://indlibra.myforum.net and have fun. Create your own such
discussion forums and enjoy your creativity. BUT WAIT, NEVER GIVEN YOUR REAL
EMAIL for such fun.

NOW DO NOT ASK ME HOW MUCH IT TAKES TO ESTABLISH A FORUM (not start)..IT IS
VERY VERY DIFFICULT!!!.

Regards

Sukhdev Singh