[LIS-Forum] Research students needed at MSSRF

Tue Jul 29 17:47:05 IST 2003

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:40:32 +0530
From: Subbiah Arunachalam <arun at mssrf.res.in>

Friends:

I need two bright young researchers for a scientometrics (bibliometrics)
project. The candidates should have a First class Master's degree in science
or information science with some competence in writing programmes to
manipulate bibliographic data from databases. MSSRF will pay a consolidated
salary of Rs 5,500 per month. I know it is not a big sum, but I can assure
the candidates that they will get very good training.

The project leader is an Honorary Fellow of CILIP, an Honorary Member of
ASIST, a Life Member of IASLIC and Founding Member of the Indian Science
Writers Association, and is on the editorial boards of Current Contents,
Scientometrics, Journal of Information Science, Current Science and Desidoc
Bulletin of Information Technology. He is on the Board of the Internatiaonal
Society of Scientometrics and Informetrics. The group's other interests
include application of information and communication technologies to rural
development and poverty alleviation and the Information Village Research
project has won the Stockholm Challenge Award and the Motorola Gold Award.

MSSRF has a small library and a few databases (CD-ROM).

E-MALA and lis-forum members may pass the word around and may suggest
suitable candidates.

Thanks and best wishes.

Arun
[Subbiah Arunachalam]